Do you want to update a new Cydia seamlessly? Well, today in this post we’re going to show the method to update the Cydia app safely by using Cydia Update Helper. We all know that Android users enjoy the features of various application stores like Google Play, Amazon’s Appstore, and Samsung’s application store. Likewise, the iPhone/iPad has numerous app stores among all Cydia is an ideal option for the App Store. It is accessible for a jailbroken iOS device.
What is Cydia?
It is an application that lets users download various apps on a jailbroken iPhone or iPad. Even users can get an app online in the Cydia Store. Almost all the apps which are in the repositories can be downloaded for free. Whereas the apps on the Cydia Store are the paid apps. Cydia Store offers an excellent collection of an app that one doesn’t have to go through the app approval procedure like an Apple’s official App Store.
Cydia’s latest update:
Cydia has come up with tons of new changes and amazing things that you’ll love. Electra team has releases two system updates those are Cydia GUI and Cydia compatibility package. One is for the user interface, and another one is for compatibility. As Coolstar has pointed out, most of the jailbroken iPhone/iPad don’t know what exactly is Sileo.
A Sileo is a new package which is developed by Electra that replaces the ordinary Cydia store from jailbroken iPhone and iPad. So those who don’t know anything about the Sileo, it is a forthcoming bundle supervisor by Electra Team to supplant Cydia. But it is not mandatory to install the Sileo on your jailbreak iPhone/iPad. If you don’t want to, then you can merely ignore the updates.
However, you’ll continuously get the message Upgrade Essential on your device. By adding the Electra iOS utility source on the host file, you can disable the update. Also, you can enable the update by removing the source from the host file.
How to Download and Install Cydia Update Helper?
- You have to open the Cydia app first on your jailbroken iPhone/iPad and then ignore the update.
- Once the Cydia app opens, you have to tap on the sources and tap on the refresh.
- Now, you have to go to the search tab and then type in the text filed this “Cydia Update Helper.”
- After that, you have to select the first result from the list and tap on the install button, and tap on the confirm button to start the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, you can close the app and search for CydiaUpdateHelper icon on the home screen.
- Tapping on the icon of the Cydia Update Helper open it, and you’ll see the interface of Cydia Update Helper.
- Tap on the Update Cydia button for starting the updating process and wait for a while.
- Once done, tap on the exit and uninstall the Cydia Update Helper.
- But it won’t be possible to uninstall the app from the Home screen, so follow the steps down below.
- First, you have to open the Cydia app and go to the installed option.
- Now, you have to scroll until you don’t get Cydia Update Helper app.
- Once you get it, tap on the modify option at the top-right and tap on the remove button.
- Wait for the uninstall process to complete and tap on the return to Cydia.
How to Update Cydia Safely with Cydia Update Helper?
- You’ve to launch the Cydia and ignore the update alerts.
- Now, go to the Sources and Refresh and Search and enter Cydia Update Helper.
- After that, search for the first result and tap on the install and tap on the confirm to start the installation.
- Once installed, close the Cydia and open Cydia Update Helper from the home screen.
- Now, tap on update and wait for some time and tap Exit.
- After that, open the Cydia and Installed tab, and then scroll down and select the Helper app.
- Now, tap on Modify and remove, and wait to complete the process.
- After that, tap on return to Cydia. That’s it!
So we have come to the end of the guide, I hope that you can now update Cydia safely using Cydia update helper. If you find the guide helpful, then share with your friends and family. Thanks have a great day!