PlatStation3 controller is a game controller device used to provide input to a video game in order to control a character or object in the game. On PC, usually, keyboard and mouse are used as input devices to play games. But, people wish to use the game controller since it provides awesome experience while playing video games. Let’s see how to PS3 game controller on PC.
Connect a PS3 Controller to a PC
To connect a PS3 controller to PC, you need to have DualShock3 controller and mini USB cable. And if you want to connect wirelessly, then you need to have a Bluetooth dongle.
Connecting PS3controoler via the SCP tool kit.
- Step 1: Connect PS3 to your PC using a mini USB cable and allow your PC to install the initial set of drivers.
- Step 2: Next, make sure that “Microsoft.NET framework, Visual C++, XBOX 360controller driver ( for Windows 7 and older versions), DirectX web installer “software’s are already installed on your PC. If anything among these is not there, you must download and install before going to next step.
- Step 3 : Download updated version of SCP tool kit from its official web page.
- Step 4: Once the download completes extract and launch ‘’ScToolkit_setup.exe” file to install the software.
- Step 5: Once this installation completes, a window will be prompted asking to install drivers. Run the installer and make sure that all the boxes, ( including ‘force driver installation’ for Windows Vista) are checked.
- Step 6: Select your DualShock3 controller from ‘choose DualShcock3’ drop-down menu. And if you wish to use a wireless connection, select your Bluetooth dongle also. Now click on the ‘install’ option.
- Step 7: After installation, you will get a notification saying ‘’ DualShock3 USB driver installed’’. Now click ‘exit’.
Now, your DualShock3 will behave like an Xbox 360 controller. You can plug-in at any time and it will work automatically.
If you wish to use a wireless connection, you need to plug-in a Bluetooth 2.0 or higher dongle. While downloading the SCP Tool kit, make sure that ‘Bluetooth pair utility’ is ticked. ‘ You need to check whether there is a right mark beside ‘ Install Bluetooth driver ‘ box and select your Bluetooth device under ‘ choose Bluetooth dongles to install’ during drivers installation.
Once installation completes successfully you will receive a notification saying ‘ Bluetooth driver installed’ along with ‘ DualShock3 USB driver installed’ notification. After following all these Bluetooth installation steps and receiving notification about successful installation, you can unplug the PS3 controller. After a few seconds, the PS3 controller will sync via Bluetooth and you will receive a notification.
This is how you can connect a PS3 controller to PC and enjoy playing awesome video games using it !!