Checkra1n is a checkm8 based jailbreak for iOS 14.1 and iPad OS 14.1 devices. This jailbreak has been released as the solutions to jailbreak the newer ios versions iOS 14, 14.1, and 14.2.
Now you can jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac computer devices running with the latest 14 and above ios versions as well as all versions of iOS 12 and iOS 13.
Released by checkra1n itself This new jailbreak solution comes as the Checkra1n 0.11.0 version supports the below iOS versions:
- iOS from 12.0 – 13.7
- iOS /tvOS 14.0
- Apple tv 4k standard and advanced breakout boards
Checkra1n 0.11.0 supports the following devices:
- iPhone – 6s, 6s Plus, SE
- iPad – 5th generation, AIR2, Mini4, iPad pro 1st generation
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
Checkra1n 0.11.0 not support the following devices, presently:
- iPhone – 7 , 7 plus, 8, 8 Plus, X
- iPad – 6 generation, 7 generation, pro
- iPod touch 7
Features in Checkra1n
Checkra makes jailbreak session solutions. Checkra1n, a community project based on checkm8, has come as the new form of checkra1n 0.11.0 with new bugs free features.
- This new version of checkra1n has fixed the issue with userland kernel1.
- You can now launch the app from DMG
- Demotion now working on Linux
- This version enables the USB on v1.x standard breakouts for Apple TV 4K.
- CLI support
- Kernel patch finder improved
- NVRAM unlock patch
- No macOS bugs.
Checkra1n: Downloading and Jailbreak
So, if you have the latest version of any iOS device and want to Jailbreak then you need to install Checkra1n 0.11.0 jailbreak utility on your device.
Simply follow the below steps to jailbreak iOS devices using Checkra1n –
- First, download the latest version of the Checkra1n jailbreak solution. You can visit the official website checkra.in
- Now extract the downloaded file and installed it on your Mac’s application folder.
The system may be a popup with an error saying this application can’t run or is not a trusted one.
In this situation, you will need to go to the settings and then security and privacy settings. Now select the open anyway option. For the next step you need to give the password and the application will run perfectly.
If the system doesn’t show any error popup then move to the next step.
- Now connect your ios device to a Mac computer with a USB cable
- Now click on checkra1n device and click on ” Allow untrusted ios/Ipados versions”
- For the next process just follow the further instructions.
- After the process completely simply put your ios device into DFU mode and reboot it.
- Now you will have the checkra1n device to use.
- As you will open the Checkra1n app on your ios device you will get two options with icons – Checkra1n and Cydia. For the next step, you need to click on the Cydia option to install it.
For now, checkra1n only supports the Cydia package manager for other package managers like Zebra and Installer users will have to wait.
Now, as you will open the checkra1n app it drives you to put your phone into DFU mode. For the next boot process, Hax will happen automatically and the device will boot into jailbreak mode.
Remember that, if you restart your device without putting it into DFU mode, it won’t allow you to use a third-party app or software installed.