If you’re here and reading the article then, you have allowed third-party music apps for accessing your Apple Music and the media library. Due to some unavoidable reasons, you intend to revoke the access and looking for a simple way to de-authorize third-party app permissions for Apple Music. So don’t worry! By following the steps down below, you can smoothly manage the permissions from your iOS device and MAC Computer.
In this article, I am going to share with you three methods through which you can simply cancel the third party access to Apple Music on iPhone/iPad. So here we go!
How to Deauthorize Third-Party App Permissions for Apple Music on iPhone/iPad?
This is the easy way to deauthorize the third-party app, so follow the steps.
- You have to launch the Settings first on your iPhone and iPad and go to the iTunes & App Store.
- After that, you will see the Apple id on the screen click on the Apple ID, and the popup menu will appear on the screen, you have to select on the View Apple ID.
- After selecting, you have to authenticate yourself through Apple Id password, fingerprint or Face id.
- Now go to the App Permissions section, you have to provide any kind of permission to a third-party app.
- After that, you will be able to a section which is Permissions, but sometimes you will not see this section.
- In that section, you have to select the service to access the media library that is not needed.
- You have to locate the third-party app and then swipe left and tap on the Delete. That’s it!
How to Revoke 3rd Party App Permissions for Media Library?
- First, you have to go to the Settings>Privacy.
- Then choose the option Media & Apple Music.
- You will see the entire third-party app from which you have granted permission for accessing the device media library.
- You have to do deactivate or disable the switch that is next to the app which should not access to your data.
How to Remove Third Party Access for Apple Music from MAC or PC?
- First, you have to launch the iTunes on MAC or PC and select the option Account Menu and then View My Account from the menu bar.
- You have to enter the password now, and on the Account Information page, you have to locate a section named as App Permissions.
- Now, tap on the Manage that is next to the Apple Music and locate the app and tap on Remove.
- But if you have not any kind of access to the third-party app then, the App Permissions section will not come up.
iOS App Permissions:
iOS App request permissions whenever they need them. So whenever you install some new, you can revoke the permission at any time.
- Go to the Setting and tap on Privacy within privacy, you will see all the permissions that are available on your device.
- You can access photos, motion, and phone location. So you have to tap on any entry to see whether the apps granted those permissions or not.
- If it is necessary, you can disable those permissions. However, it depends on the disable those permissions.
- Users can grant access to an app all the time, or when the app is open. Also, users can get access to certain bits of data with the Apple Health data such as if you want to know the time that you’ve been sleeping.
- Now, scroll down the Settings and Privacy menu to look for individual app entries.
- So tap on an app for accessing the same permission as we did before and access to notifications and permission for using the cellular data and WiFi.
- Now tap on the toggle to grant or refuse permission.
MacOS App Permissions:
MacOS has straightforward permissions management.
- Go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences and then click Security & Privacy and open the Privacy tab.
- There you can see all the permission categories. You can click any of the entries on the left side.
These are the three methods through which you can simply deauthorize third-party app permissions for Apple Music. I hope that you will find the article useful, share with your families and friends. Thanks and have a great day!