It’s almost December now and soon the year will be over. We will step into a whole New Year, and many people want great things for them in this upcoming New Year.
Have you recently purchased an Apple TV 2G and want to learn to jailbreak using Greenpoison? If so, then follow these instructions step by step that will guide you through the entire procedure to jailbreak on the iOS 4.2.1.
After a bit of a shaky start, the Chronic Dev Team has finally released the jailbreak Greenpois0n highly anticipated, and it is available for download now. Like Limera1n already released, this jailbreak allows you to jailbreak iPhone iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2.1.
The download GreenPois0n is now available for Windows and Mac, and Linux may be in the works. GreenPois0n will allow you to jailbreak iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 3G, and iPod Touch 4G.
It is quite easy to use and works perfectly with the iPhone. In addition to the tool, there is a “charger” application that gets automatically installed on the iPhone after jailbreak, which gives you the option to install Cydia.
GreenPois0n RC5 1.0 includes the ability to have custom animated boot logos. This version of GreenPois0n exceeds the last Redsn0w version because it does not require SHSH blobs saved 4.2b3 developers.
There are four types of users right now who are interested in getting the untethered jailbroken state on their devices:
- Users have devices on iOS 4.2.1 but without until that time jailbroken – You can go Greenpoison without restoring to fresh iOS 4.2.1.
- Users who have already jailbroken iOS 4.2.1 for devices with (Redsn0w) Technical Monte – Please restore the new stock iOS 4.2.1 before jailbreaking with Greenpoison.
- Users have devices that are jailbroken (tethered) with Redsn0w – You can also try Greenpoison without restoring to fresh iOS 4.2.1.
- Those users who fall into any of the above categories but also rely on unlocking – You can give a try to Greenpoison without restore to get an untethered jailbreak. If not, please restore to iOS 4.2.1 with PwnageTool custom cooked at the same time preserving the baseband and then use Greenpois0n.
Greenpois0n compatible device
Greenpois0n is consistent with previous generations. It is compatible with iPhone, iPod, iPod touch, iPad, and Apple TV.
GreenPois0n iPhone Support
- iPhone 5: Not Supported
- iPhone 4S: Not Supported
- iPhone 4 iOS
- iPhone 3GS
GreenPois0n iPad Support
- iPad Mini: Not Supported
- iPad 4: Not Supported
- iPad 3: Not Supported
- iPad 2: Not Supported
- iPad 1: iOS 4 (iOS 4.2.1)
- iPad 1: iOS 3 (iOS 3.2.2)
GreenPois0n iPod Touch Support
- iPod Touch 5G: Not Supported
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 2G
- GreenPois0n Apple TV Support
Apple TV 2G: iOS 4 (4.2.1/4.1.1)
Install Greenpois0n Jailbreak
Here is the complete step by step guide to jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G, and iPad on iOS 4.2.1.
Now, let’s get started with the procedure:
Step 1: Back up your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod using iTunes.
Step 2: Download Greenpois0n for Windows.
Step 3: If you need to restore/update your iOS 4.2.1, use the latest version of iTunes to do so. Users who rely on unlock will have to put their devices in DFU Pwned (limera1ned) mode before restoring the custom iOS 4.2.1. They can use Redsn0w to obtain Pwned DFU mode.
Step 4: Close iTunes and launch Greenpoison.
Step 5: Click on “Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)”
Step 6: Greenpois0n displays instructions to put your device into DFU mode.
- Press and hold standby for 2 seconds
- While holding the standby button, press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds
- Release the button sleep, but continue holding the Home button for 15 seconds
Step 7: Once your iPhone contains to DFU mode, click on “Jailbreak.”
Step 8: Greenpoison will now jailbreak your device.
Step 9 (i): After a successful jailbreak, your device will reboot, and you will notice a new “Loader” Springboard application. Run it and select Cydia to install.
Step 9 (ii): If you cannot install Cydia or is on the unsupported carrier and stuck in emergency mode, use Redsn0w to install Cydia and activate it to your device.
Troubleshooting: If you are having difficulties getting Loader to copy and install Cydia after using GreenPois0n RC5 jailbreak, the servers may be full.
In this case, try again, or you can do the following:
- Turn off your device
- Download and open Redsn0w 0.9.7b6
- Make sure that the only option is checked “Install Cydia”
- Follow the instructions in the redsn0w application and install Cydia
Here! You now have your jailbroken iPod Touch 2G on iOS 4.1 with Greenpois0n.
Enjoy jailbroken) devices!