As you may have known one of the best Jailbreaks Electra now comes with Cydia has been accompanied along with its payload but somehow not everyone experiencing the best of it. Unfortunately, this had reported by some users who had used to. Pangaea or LiberOS on their devices, which has been showing some sort of errors with Electra jailbreak. So, as per now this problem has been resolved and can easily be done with small alterations.
But, before going directly into the methods about resolving the issue, I suggest the users to please try to jailbreak you device fully with the latest Electra i.e. version 1.0.1 before diving into the main procedures. One more thing if any one of user has used Liber OS on their device previously, then as per developer CoolStar’s advice it is necessary to use FilzaEscaped, or similar, to navigate to etc/dropbear and delete that file/directory.
Why Does Electra Detect Topanga Jailbreak?
Developer CoolStar has added DRM frameworks so that it can detect any kind of malicious thing in to.panga jailbreak. As Electra is an open-source tool and anyone has license to access its files. Then to. Panga installation will check some sort of files is present or not in your file directory.
If files are present then the process will give “true” value which means that the jailbreaking process failed and in case none of the files are present then the jailbreaking process will be completed. Therefore, it is the most important thing to remove the files if we want to bypass the DRM framework.
Procedure to Fix Error: Topanga Bug on iOS 11-11.1.2
Procedure 1 – Dropbear folder removal.
- Step 1: First of all we have to open FilzaEscaped file manager.
- Step 2: Then we have to navigate to /etc folder on your device’s file directory.
- Step 3: Lastly, Delete the dropbear folder.
If your device doesn’t have dropbear folder then proceed to procedure 2.
Procedure 2 – Removing MALICIOUS FILES
- Step 1: Like above method open FilzaEscaped again.
- Step 2: Now we have to remove the following files or folders from the appropriate locations on your device’s filedirectory.
- /Applications/uicache (remove entire folder)
- /Library/MobileSubsrate/ (remove entire folder)
- /etc/dropbear/ (remove entire folder)
Now you are done and can easily run Electra’s RC1 version on your device, but somehow again you get Error: topanga error the try next procedure.
PROCEDURE 3 – Removing THIRD-PARTY APPS
Although you haven’t tried to jailbreak your device, you can get this error. If that so, then try removing all third party app you had installed, you can also experience this issue with file manager FilzaElectracuted and if you have Cydia extender then remove files and folders showed beneath.
- /Library/Switches/ (remove entire folder)
For those users you have installed the only premium version of apps, then just remove any jailbreak app that is stored outside the bootstrap folder.
Procedure 4 – we have to CLEAN UP THE BIN FOLDER
If you had installed any other tool then you must have some files added to root bin folder. Then go and remove all files except df and ps ones from bin folder using FilzaElectracuted. Once you do that your jailbreak will succeed and please don’t delete the aforementioned files as these are important files and can force you for upgradation if deleted.
Procedure 5 – UNDO TWEAKS/MODIFICATIONS
If you are the user of Torngat or Houdini like semi jailbreaking tools then you can experience this issue. To alter the changes all you have to install Torngat or Houdini again and alter all the changes you had made previously. Now probably your issues will get resolved but som how again it shows the same error then go to the final procedure of this article.
Procedure 6 – To USE CLEAN JAILBREAK (GOLD VERSION)
Clean jailbreak of gold version is also another Cleanup tool that is able to fix the “Error: Topanga” message. It is developed by famous Chinese developer Killy, which has been known for developing various other tools for Ios11, steps to do that:
- First of all, we have to install Electra beta 11-3 version, which is the latest beta build, on your IOS device.
- Now, restart your device.
- Then we have to Jailbreak device using this beta version.
- Now, Download Clean Jailbreak (Gold version) tool and run it on your computer.
- Enable Wifi network to check that your computer and your device are on the same network.
- Now enter your Wifi IP address in the “Host” field of this tool.
- Al last simply, press Clean up to start the uninstallation.
Now by following the above article, you can easily remove “Error: Topanga” in your Electra jailbreak. So please share it with your friends if they are facing the same issues regarding it. In the case regarding any query and feedback feel free to write to us and we will be happy to solve your issues.