YouTube is a highly popular video sharing application. It has become a favourite application for all ardent internet users. YouTube users can watch, like, share, comment and upload their own videos. Apart from airing their videos across their own groups, they can also expose them to the huge YouTube audience for additional publicity, likes and comments.
However, there are certain features like the ability to play background video and audio and the capability to download videos to the local storage, which are currently not possible in this application.
In order to address these shortcomings, a tweaked application, called YouTube++, is now available with the above-mentioned features and many more. YouTube++ is the result of the feedback given by regular YouTube users.
Users can download YouTube++ on iPhones and iPads without jailbreak.
Device and iOS Compatibility:
The installation of YouTube++ supports iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, iPhone X, iPhone 7, iPhone 7S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S,iPhone 6Se, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini and iPod Touch. The iOS versions supported by this application are iOS 13 Beta, 12, 12 Beta, 11 and 11+Series, 10 and 10+ Series, 9 and 9+ Series, 8 and 8+ Series and 7 and 7+ Series.
Features of YouTube++ for iPhone and iPad users
In addition to the features in the original YouTube application, the tweaked YouTube++ has the following add-ons:
- Capability to download videos to the device
- Blocking of advertisements. There is an in-built Ad-blocker that helps users to block unwanted advertisements
- Ability to play video and audio in the background.
- Feature to set video playback speed (0.5x – 2.0x).
- Auto-replay of videos.
- No age restrictions.
- Forward/Rewind controls with custom number of seconds.
- Default playback quality.
- Audio player for downloaded videos.
- In-Built audio and video converter that would convert any video into any other format
- Users can decide on the number of seconds to play the video back and forth.
Procedure to install YouTube++ on iPhones and iPads using TopStore with no Jailbreak
Before embarking on this installation, it is important to ensure that all previous versions and AppStore versions of the YouTube application are deleted from the iOS device. This is because both the Youtube++ and Youtube AppStore version applications have the same Bundle ID and hence cannot reside on the same device.
Install YouTube++ on iPhone/iPad
In order to install YouTube++ on the iOS devices, users need to initially install a third-party App Store known as TopStore.
- The first step is to launch the Safari browser and navigate to the link https://topstorevipapp.com.
- Click on “Download TopStore VIP for Free” to start the installation process of TopStore. Once the pop-up appears, tap the ‘Install’ button. The iOS device will request for permission to access the device ‘Settings.’
- After the permission is given, the profile installation setup will appear
- Navigate to the home screen and locate the icon of the TopStore App. Before launching the TopStore application, the user must first trust the profile.
- Launch TopStore application and search for ‘YouTube++’.
- Navigate to the home screen of the device and when the ‘Waiting’ icon, is seen, press it for the download and installation process to start.
- On completion of the installation, trust the profile of YouTube++ before launching it.
This sums up the procedure to download and install YouTube++ on iPhones and iPads using TopStore and without any jailbreaks. This process helps potential buyers to install and gauge the Youtube+ application for free before deciding on a purchase.
Initially, Youtube++ application was only available on the Cydia platform, where users had to jailbreak their devices to install Cydia. This turned out to be a major area of concern since jailbreaking of the device resulted in the loss of warranty and post-sale support.
It is clear to note that the most beneficial aspect of this application is its availability for a free download and installation without jailbreaking the iOS device. With the potent feature of playing videos in the background, users can continue with their work while the video plays.